The holidays are a special time to spend with the ones you love most and celebrate family traditions. This year why not include your pets in the traditional fun. Here are a few ideas to make the most of the holidays with the entire family.
- Make a special holiday meal for your pet. A huge part of the holidays is the food. There are many animal friendly recipes that would make your pet love you even more. Visit https://topdogtips.com/christmas-dinner-recipes-for-dogs/ to find pet friendly holiday treats.
- What dog doesn’t like going for a walk? Stroll the neighborhood and admire the lights and decorations together.
- Check out the Wiregrass Symphony of Lights. Every year Wiregrass Mall presents a Christmas outdoor light show and they are pet friendly.
- Don’t forget the presents! You can make a special stocking just for them filled with their favorite treats and new toys.
- Christmas tree hunting. If anyone knows how to pick the perfect tree it would be your dog. Take them with you in search of the family tree. This could be your new family tradition.
- Ugly sweaters. Ugly sweater contest isn’t just for humans! This year you can host your very own ugly sweater contest for your friends and family including their house hold animals. Talk about cuteness overload!
Here at River Mill Animal Hospital we hope these “pawsitively” fun traditions are ones you can share with your two and four-legged family members for years to come. We would love to see your photos and stories about how you celebrated with your family pet. Visit our Facebook page and share your story and photos. From our family to yours Happy Holidays.